A few of Lavender Essential Oil's qualities are as follows:
- is often used as a disinfect the scalp and skin.
- killing germs, help acne, eczema & dandruff.
- is useful as an insect repellant and to soothe insect bites and minor burns.
- great for healing cuts, wounds and sun damaged skin.
- if diluted, it is gentle enough for babies and has a soothing effect.
Lavender is recognized as having some strong properties. They include being..
analgesic, anticonvulsant, anti-depressant, anti-microbial, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, anti-spasmodic, anti-toxic, carminative, cholagogue, choleretic, cicatrizant, cordial, cytophylactic, diuretic, emmenagogue, deodorant, hypotensive, insecticide, nervine, parasitical, rubefacient, sedative, stimulant, sudorific, tonic, vermifuge, and as a vulnerary.
Botanical Name: Lavandula officinalis
Plant Part: Flowers
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Description: The Lavender plant grows to about one meter in height and produces long thin purple-blue flowers. The entire plant is covered with oil glands, which are in the star-shaped hairs that cover the plant.
* Important Note: While a number of suppliers sell nature identical versions of lavender 40/42, ours is 100% natural. Regular users may notice a difference in the scent of this new batch, freshly received from our new supplier. The floral top note is followed by a more earthy back note.
Color: Pale yellow to yellow liquid.
Common Uses: Lavender 40/42 Essential Oil has the most floral scent of all the Lavenders, though its therapeutic levels are the lowest. Nonetheless, it is recognized as having some strong properties. They include being analgesic, anticonvulsant, anti-depressant, anti-microbial, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, anti-spasmodic, anti-toxic, carminative, cholagogue, choleretic, cicatrizant, cordial, cytophylactic, diuretic, emmenagogue, deodorant, hypotensive, insecticide, nervine, parasitical, rubefacient, sedative, stimulant, sudorific, tonic, vermifuge, and as a vulnerary. Lavender 40/42 is often the Lavender oil of choice for applications in soaps, candles, perfumes and cosmetics. The reason is that the 40 – 42 refers to the standardization of both Linalool and Linalyl acetate esters resulting in a very consistent floral scent.
Strength of Aroma: Strong
NOTE TO ADDRESS SOME ISSUES.
1. This has been written by Kimberly McNutt of Essential Soap. No words here or on this site has been reviewed or authorized by Essential depot.
2. I have never been an employee of essential depot. I make that quite clear in my videos that I am buying products from them because I feel they have the best products in the whole wide world feel free to fill out the form online on their website. It is free to all to become an affiliate.
I feel they have the best soaping products available and if you should decide to become an affiliate I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
TO SEE THE ESSENTIAL DEPOT WEBSITE
3. I communicates with the FDA repeatedly and other governmental agencies regarding my personal products I sell and their labeling. I have made every effort to have appropriate labels and website information.
4. It has been reported to me that my labels and website has been reported to the FDA more than any large company. All complaints have came from other soapers and HAVE NOT CAME FROM dissatisfied customers.
5. I have answered all concerns the FDA has requested of me.
Each of their emails and all of their phone calls have been responded to by me personally.
6. I make repeated phone calls to the FDA when I add a new product to my website.
6. I DO NOT FEEL I am an expert on FDA policy. I also DO NOT WISH to teach FDA rules or guideline in my videos. So where I may opt to add some SMALL information in more recent videos I DO NOT WISH to take on the burden of teach New Soapers or Old Soapers FDA labeling or guidelines. I Try to keep to the Health benefits of homemade soap and reading about Essential Oil benefits online in my videos.
I DO LOVE ESSENTIAL OILS and hope if you soap or need essential oils you will buy them from essential depot.
7. What I do share is good to have on your soap or similar product labels.
a. Company name.
b. Product name.
c. Product weight.
d. Ingredients largest to smallest listed.
e. Company address.
f. Customer service phone number.
g. Use or washing instructions.
h. Product usage warning if any in red ink.
i. Do not use the word rash, cure or treatment.
j. Your website is considered a part of your product label.
k. The EPA regulates products that ward bugs or kill bugs on people
and animals. The EPA restricts the use of the words... Bug, Kill and Ward on products without you have contacted them and completed the fees and paper work required. I am not fully up on what is required by the EPA to be able to use these words on product labels and names.
of Essential Soap